At 1307833 ONTARIO INC. o/a TIGER JACK’S, we are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal, business and financial information. We support a general policy of openness about how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
Definition of Personal Information
“Personal information” means any information about an identifiable individual, other than that individual's name, title, business address or telephone number (often called, “business cards” or “phone book” information.) Personal information includes age, race, ethnic origin, religion, education, gender, marital status, health status, financial status, Social Insurance Number, home address, etc. Such information includes information specifically related to you, or personal information of others, that we may encounter in the course of our business dealings with you.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The information we collect, which may include personal information, may involve at least some of the following:
- Contact information (such as name, nicknames, title, business names, business addresses, e-mail work addresses, work or cellular phone numbers);
- Information about family history, employment history, criminal records, medical history;
- Financial information and credit information (such as credit ratings, salaries and credit history).
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to:
- assess your fit with our organization;
- develop and maintain our relationship with you and facilitate our ability to communicate with you;
- research, develop, manage, protect and improve our services; and
- for general administrative purposes, such as for payroll and taxation.
When Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
We are accountable for your personal information. We will not sell, license, trade or rent your personal information to, or with, others.
In terms of our accountability to you:
- we are responsible for the protection of the personal information you disclose to us;
- we reserve the right to disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, regulatory body, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so; and
- we also reserve the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of an actual merger or acquisition of our company so that you may continue to receive the same professional services from the new entity or third party. In this unlikely case, the use of your personal information by the new entity would be limited to the purpose(s) for which we originally used the information.
Your Knowledge and Consent
We collect personal information about you only when you voluntarily provide it. Typically, we will seek your consent for the use and disclosure of your personal information when we collect it. In certain circumstances, your consent may be sought after the information has been collected but before we use it (for example, when we want to use information for a purpose not previously identified).
The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations you might have in the circumstances.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Should you wish to do so, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We will take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information in our possession, collected from you, is protected against loss and unauthorized access. This protection applies to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. Access to your personal information will be restricted to selected employees or representatives. In addition, we will employ generally accepted information security techniques, such as firewalls, access control procedures and cryptography, to protect personal information against loss and unauthorized access.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Your consent to such purpose(s) will remain valid after termination of our relationship with you.
Correcting or Updating Your Information
You can help us maintain the accuracy of your personal information by notifying us of any changes to your information. You may contact our Chief Privacy Officer to correct or update any of your personal information.
842 Wharncliffe Road South
London, ON N6J 2N4